Just like any other fad diets, your initial week on the Atkins diet is extremely crucial. During the first phase, your metabolic processes are subject to change and this is for your body to be able to burn all the accumulated fats. To make it happen, your carbohydrate consumption is restricted and this will result to ketosis. The induction phase needs close monitoring when it comes to your carbohydrate intake as well as the Atkins diet foods that you are consuming which include the following:
- Fish and Meat: both of these are rich in protein and contain low amount of carbohydrates. If you are to follow Atkins diet, make sure to include foods, such as eggs, cold water fish, lean meat and seafood into your meals. However, your fishes should be the ones that contain high amount of essential fatty acids.
- Vegetables: you should know that most carbohydrates are obtained from various types of vegetables, as well as in certain fruits. When you include veggies into your meals, make sure to opt for the one with low carbohydrates, such as artichoke, asparagus, avocado and mushroom. When following Atkins diet, your carbohydrate intake should not be more than 12 to 15 grams per day.
- Fats and Oils: these are also included on the Atkins diet foods that you can consume. Sufficient supply of natural fats in your body can help you lose weight fast and these natural fats include butter, olive oil, and full-fat mayonnaise and sugar-free salad dressings.
- Herbs and Spices: you are allowed to consume all types of herbs, spices and even condiments when you are following Atkins diet. However, you have to make sure that you add these to your meals in moderation. Various herbs and spices that you can include into your meals are garlic, pepper, oregano, dill, rosemary, sage, cilantro and basil.
If you can notice, most of the foods listed above contain low amount of carbohydrates. Atkins do not restrict the consumption of carbohydrates, however, it should be consumed moderately in order to lose weight. You may plan your meal for a week by using these foods as your reference. However, during your first days in this diet, you may experience weakness and this can be due to the shift in your eating habit and your meals. Although this is natural and would subside as days go by, you have to make sure that you consult your physician first before opting for Atkins diet to determine if it is suitable for you or not.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on Atkins Diet Foods
- Unprocessed Foods | Justaboutarticles